It is not uncommon to experience a low, a sense of confusion or lack of clarity at the beginning of a new year. So many choices!
Weeks prior to the new year, you were swept along in the hustle and bustle of planning, shopping, parties, vacationing, visiting, time off from work, over eating, indulging at every angle, etc. It is easy to get caught up in the myriad of activity whether it be of a social, religious or family nature. For some of us, it is one of the few times during the year that we relax, give ourselves permission to not be so structured and on task, have a little fun or take a little time off of work.
Now that it is all over, you are being called to snap out of it and adjust your thoughts, plans, actions, energy and focus to what's next. Not an easy task to switch gears even for a very practiced person. Instead of resisting the fact that the holidays can knock us off center or focus or bring out our desire to play or connect with people, how can you use where you are to truly design more of what you want in life. Maybe a little taste of fun, connection or relaxation throughout the year would really make your heart sing. Use the information wisely. You might want to add a little more of that to your 2015 plans.
In other words, what ever you did for the last several weeks doesn't have to mean anything negative, permanent or personal. Surrender and choose peace, acceptance and compassion for the past and for being human.
We are social beings. We were designed to live and thrive in communities. The holidays seem to bring that out in us even if at other times of the year we are perfectly okay spending time alone or not being so involved.
So what if your resistance to what you originally intended for the new year is more about your inner knowing that what you are focusing on is not authentic. What if your lack of energy, clarity, focus or direction is telling you that where you were heading wasn't going to fulfill or satisfy you! How can you use your current reality and what you are feeling to dig a little deeper to get to what will really make 2015 the Best Year of Your Life.
It's not too late to bring in the new year and all that you visioned it could be! Having a plan to get your thoughts, words and actions in alignment will support the necessary momentum needed to move forward in your chosen endeavors. I suggest you let go of any Holiday Hangovers of the addictions you indulged in or Resolution Remorse from not being 100% on task and start anew! Here are a few tips.
- Take a deep breath and let it go.
- Identify what motivates you. Do you focus on the results of what you want or the consequences of what you don't want? WHAT YOU FOCUS ON WILL EXPAND! Do not focus on what you do not want or you will surely create more of that for yourself.
- What do you really want to experience, accomplish or bring to fruition in 2015?
- Ask yourself these questions. Who or what am I giving my energy and power to? Is that working or not working?
- What would I have to accept, let go of or do to take responsibility for what I really want? Being willing to expose what you really want at the risk of disappointment and disapproval from others can be a huge step in interrupting the limiting beliefs and stories of what has kept you stuck in the past.
- Tell the truth about your excuses, the ways you avoid, deny, play small, blame or resist what you really want.
- Identify at least 3 action steps that would be in alignment with moving toward what you really want.
- Claim the renewed energy, focus and clarity as you begin to move forward while creating the momentum for what is next.